Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas meets Winnie the Pooh.....

Hello dear readers,
Last year I was given a sheet of 3D stickers by one of my aunts. She sent it to me as a little joke so of course I had to use them. So every time I make a card for her I use one of the characters of Pooh. Well she asked for it.......

This card was made using card stock with a leather look and a tag. I embossed the tag with the cuttlebug, using a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder. You can see the embossing better in the picture below. The flash of my camera is a bit strong. I distressed the tag a little bit using a light brown distress ink. I stuck the sticker op Winnie on it and put a gold sparkly ribbon through the hole of the tag. I had some card board die cuts I got with a magazine my mom gave me. It so happens that they were all seasonal. I painted the hat red and white and the tree green. After drying I used a snow marker to give the hat some fluffy white accents. Also the tree was accentuated with the snow marker. I love it. You just colour the area you want the "snow" on and then dry it with a heat gun and it puffs up. I decorated the tree with red and gold stickles and silver liquid pearls. Alongside the tag I stamped some holly with Dyan Reavely's seasonal border stamp and embossing ink and embossed it in a colour called Holly. It is various greens and a red glitter. It is quite festive. I emphasised the berries by colouring them in with red stickles.
 
Here you can see the snowflake background of the tag.
 
I will keep posting the rest of my cards as I send them.
 
Stay tuned and thank you for visiting!
 
Frederique

No comments:

Post a Comment