Hello dear reader,
Today I want to share a card I made that was ordered by my mum. It is for a first wedding anniversary. I went for the shabby chic-ish look.
I started out with a card blank and stamped some script on it in brown ink. Archival coffee to be exact. I then added some shabby blue Frantage embossing enamel and heated it to give it the desired look. I am totally in love with those embossing enamels at the moment.
I cut a piece of thinner card stock and stamped the same script on it as the card blank has, only this time in iced spruce distress ink. I distressed the edges nd also added some frantage powder but this time I went for the shabby white.
I glued the card stock on the card blank and started on my embellishments. I painted a few 1s ith shabby shutters distress crackle paint and once they dried I aged them with gathered twigs distress ink.
I glued a scrap of hand bobbed lace (courtesy of my mum) on it and one of the 1s, and I added two white clay roses that I stained with diluted tattered rose distress reinker. The little bird is also white clay and I coloured it with some clear wink of Stella to give it some shimmer. I painted a piece of harlequin embossed grunge board with pewyer liquid pearl and covered it with glue and sprinkled mica flakes on it and glued the roman number 1 on it.
And last but not least the rest of the ones form a little flock together. It has the seal of my mum's approval so I hope the newlyweds like it too.
Until next time,
How nice of you to stop by. In this post I want to share a card I made for the daughter of a dear friend of mine. Hannah turned two and I decided to make a shabby chic themed card for her.
I started with a piece of white card stock and stamped some swirls on it with embossing ink. I heat embossed it with old pink embossing powder, rose quarts antiquities by ranger to be exact. I then inked it all with blue distress ink and as the embossing powder works as a resist, the contrast is nice. I cut out all the images and inked the edges to give it a vintage look. The number is one of Tim Holtz's numerals and I covered it in several coats of different colour paints and let them dry a bit and then rubbed the wet paint off. After it dried I covered it with glossy accents. I glued everything on the piece of card stock and added a few die cut leaf branches and little die cut feather I coloured with wink of stella markers and distress markers. I added ribbon and a fluffy bow and finished it with three tiny roses and glued it to a card blank.
I can't wait to hear the feedback once the card arrives. That is always the best part of sending hand made projects....
Take care and until next time.