Saturday, November 24, 2012

Versatility of bookplates.....

The other day I found some nice jars at IKEA for the kitchen. However they didn't have a label. And as I like to bake I need to know what is in what jar.... So I decided to make labels for them using Tim Holtz's bookplate die and Ultra thick embossing enamel (UTEE) and mini brads.

The instant yeast.

The Vanilla sugar....however no vanilla has been added yet.....:-)

The sugar.

The flour.
I die cut four bookplates from heavy card stock and inked them bright red to match the colour of my mixer...... I dabbed them with embossing ink and gave them two coats of UTEE to make them sturdy enough to go on the jars. Then I cut our some rectangles from white card stock and wrote the ingredients on them using a calligraphy marker. I then glued a piece of acetate on the front to protect the paper from use in the kitchen. I glued the acetate to the back of the bookplates and let them dry.
The bookplates have two holes on the side and I put some brads there so it looks like it was tacked to the jar. Then I covered the back of the altered plates with heavy duty double sided tape and stuck them on the jars. Very appropriate for a country kitchen I think.....
 
Well that was it for now....until next time and tell all of your friends hahahaha.
 
Frederique

No comments:

Post a Comment