Saturday, November 24, 2012

Love for Starbucks

Dear reader,

Today I want to show you a calendar I altered to expres my love for Starbucks. Even though we only have two Starbucks stores here in the Netherlands (one on the Airport of Schiphol, after customs, and one in Utrecht on the train station.) I love the branch. I get my fixes in Germany in Aachen, about half an hour drive from here.
Every now and then I take home a packet of sugar or a heat protection sleeve from the cup.
I was clearing out the kitchen cupboards and found all sorts of stuff so I decided to use it to alter a rather dull calender for next year.

I had some card stock with a coffee theme and incorporated some coffee beans to emphasise the theme even more.

I also made some detail photos for different techniques I used.

This is one of those calendars where you tear of a page each day and it has a joke on the back or a famous quote. Anyway, the cardboard on which the calendar is attached is boring, so I glued some things on there as you can see.


A sleeve that goes around your cup of hot java...




Here I highlighted the words by colouring them in with Liquid Pearls, just to make it pop.


Coffee beans, just had to be on there too.....

This mini tag I first stamped with embossing ink and heat embossed it with ultra fine clear embossing powder to give it some texture. I then coloured it with distress ink and the words are stamped with Archival ink.  I distressed the edges of the tag and attached a green ribbon in compliance with the green of the Starbucks logo.

This tag was made the same as the other little one, only using different colours ink. But same green ribbon as you can see.

I cut out one of the logo's from a sleeve and inked the edge with walnut stain distress ink. I love the logo.

The little packets of sugar are empty by the way. I cut them open on the back side to get the sugar out. The calendar hangs on the wall of the bathroom downstairs. And I didn't know if the sugar would react with the humidity in the room or not, so to be safe I took it out.
The cups and words I cut out from glittery card stock from "Nana's Kitchen" and the edges were walnut stained to make them more vintage looking.
 
And that was about it. Can't wait to hang it up on January first.....
 
Visit me again soon!
 
Frederique




No comments:

Post a Comment