Saturday, November 24, 2012

Japanese themed birthday card.

This is something completely different from what I normally make. Well the style is. The person I made this for loves anything Japanese. The food, the art, the writing. So obviously I had to make her a Japanese styled card.

The background is red card stock from the Core'dinations range from Tim Holtz. It is beautiful heavy card stock with a linen texture. I stamped it with a bamboo like stamp in jet black stãzon ink and the edges are painted gold. You can't make a Japanese card without red, black and gold.... ;-)
The front I made from a white tag, I die cut out of linen textured card stock and then I embossed with my Cuttlebug using a Provocraft embossing folder depicting a Geisha. How Japanese is that!!
First I was thinking to paint her but I have done that before and I'm not sure that the birthday girl would like that style. She likes modern simplicity I think, so I only inked her with walnut stain coloured distress ink using my ink blending tool. That way only the raised areas were coloured and the rest stayed lighter. The edges of this tag were also dabbed with the gold paint dabber.
I looked up on the Internet the birthday girls' name in Japanese and with a black broad calligraphy marker I wrote her name.
 

I stuck to the colours black and gold for the ribbons. I attached them using a tiny staple and covered it with a green self adhesive pearl to give it only a mini hint of colour.
Turned out quite nice, even if I do say so myself. The person I made this for was very happy with it and that is the biggest compliment.
 
 
In between all my cards and calendars, I still am working on my Christmas cards. I will post those after they have been sent obviously. But until then I will post my other projects as they are finished.
 
 
Take care and until next time...
 
Frederique

No comments:

Post a Comment