Monday, June 10, 2013

Birthday card

Hello dear reader,

as spring is in the air...it should be summer, but we cannot tell nature what to do....I made a birthday card using one of my new dies from Simonsaysstamp. One of my favourite online shops ever...

The background of the card I made ages ago using the wrinkle free distress technique by Tim Holtz. I love love love this technique. Makes you think you can watercolour like vanGogh.

So the base of the card was the background.
I stamped the flowery background using a stamp by Dyan Reavely in embossing ink and embossed it with tattered rose distress embossing powder. It looks darker on the light side of the card and lighter on the dark side of the card. You have got to love embossing powder! The green flower die cut is a special Simmonsaysstamp die. I saw it on a card once on the Internet and had to look for ages until I found it. It is so delicate and simple. The other die cut I have used before but is also a new addition to my collection. I like the way it looks like lace. The flower on that die cut is made using melted UTEE and a silicone mould.
The lace I stuck on there using tiny glue dots. The butterfly charm was a bit dull so I gave it a hint of colour using liquid pearls. A jump ring to stick it to the lace and then a scallop cut to the bottom edge of the card and my project was done.
 
Until next time, take care.
 
Frederique

No comments:

Post a Comment