Monday, June 10, 2013

canvas for my dear cousin

Dear blogger,

in this post I want to share a canvas I made for my cousin who got married not to long ago. So it is kind of a belated wedding present.

 I primed the canvas with gesso to create a base. I then stuck some masks on it before I inked it with Antique Linen distress ink. Here and there I gave it a very light green hue as her favourite colour is green. On the left bottom corner I painted with white crackle paint and let that dry before I coloured the cracks with brown distress ink.



Here you see how the cracks of the crackle paint pop once they have been coloured.


After that I stamped the images on the canvas using archival ink. I love the leaf stamp from Ranger by Dyan Reavely.

The letters I painted with tarnished brass crackle paint.
I made a leafy die cut and stuck a rose on it I made using UTEE and the melting pot. I love how the rose looks like it is made of glass...

The other die cut is one of Tim Holtz's Bigz Dies. I painted those with liquid pearls and glued it all together.

I am proud to say that it now hangs on a prominent spot in my cousins living room.

I wish the happy couple lots of love and happiness.

Take care,

Frederique





1 comment:

  1. Yes and we are the lucky ones !

    that canvas hangs in our living room.
    Beautiful technique. And it's nice to have something that is handmade.
    Thank you Fréderique,

    with LOVE,
    B&V

    ReplyDelete