Thursday, April 6, 2017

Embossing paste tutorial part 1

I was asked to do a tutorial about embossing paste for a facebook group I am in, and I decided to combine a few challenges into two tutorials. This one is with clear embossing paste, the second one is with white embossing paste.


One of the challenges is about april showers, so I used my raindrop stencil from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies and distress ink to make the blue drops on the background. It is so subtle that it just inspires me to make rain themed tags and cards!


Over the background I used another rain drop stencil and clear embossing paste. With a pallette knife I smear it over parts of the stencil.

Here you see the embossing paste as tiny shiny droplets.
I inked slightly over the tag with the same blue, tumbled glass distress ink, to make the embossed droplets pop more. The embossed drops resiste the ink as they dry up smooth. It lacked something, so I stamped rain drops over the tag. This stamp is by Designsbyryn. I love my droplet stamps. I want to add a sentiment, so I stamped it on some white card stock and distressed it. And also stamped the drops on that in the same blue as the tag. I also inked the edge of the tag with walnut stain distress ink.

I stained a piece of crinkle ribbon with Tumbled Glass distress stain, threaded it through the hole and my tag is finished.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. 
Have a fabulous day and keep your craft on :-)

Take care,
Freddie
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment