Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Rocking the red

February is the month of luuuuurve. So a lot of challenges are about hearts or red. As I was asked to participate in two mixed media challenges, one for red, the Emerald Creek Dare and one for hearts and wings, I decided to combine the two.

I took a mixed media tag from Ranger and inked it with fired brick distress ink. I then too the flourish stencil from Tim Holtz and inked again with fired brick. I wanted the heart to be on top so I inked through that stencil with fired brick distress Oxide.... Oh how I love the oxides!! I stamped the background and the sentiment with the oxide also. It stamps amazing!

With an embossing pen I traced the left side of the stenciled hearts and heat embossed that with Chinese New Year embossing powder by Emerald Creek Craft Supplies. It is a gorgeous deep red with a gold glitter in it.

I assembled various embellishments and painted them with a few different browns, greens and turquoise to age it all. On the heart I glued a "diamond" in the hole and colored the centre of the heart with red pepper alcohol ink. And also glued a bigger "diamond" in there. I cut a little stitched banner from some manila card with a Simonsaysstamp die and ibked it and put a remnant rub on it. Some rings make it possible to hang it from the arrow.

I glued it all to the tag and coloured the crinkle ribbon with fired brick distress ink and made my fluffy bow to finish it all off.

Thank you for stepping by.
Keep your craft on :-)

Freddie
xxx

29 comments:

  1. Simply stunning hun fantastic xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous tag, Freddie! Love the mix of the gold against the soft reds!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Emerald Creek Dares!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudia, you and the rest of the DT are such an inspiration :-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. wow dieser tag ist sehr schön :) ... lg heike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much!! The texture is amazing and that ribbon is gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing at Mixed Media Mojo!!
    Cathy - DT Member at Mixed Media Mojo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dearest Cathy for your kind words. It always means a lot xox

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much dearest Cathy for your kind words. It always means a lot xox

      Delete
  5. Wonderful as always Freddie, love the heart embellishment.
    Zowie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freddie, I am absolutely in Luuuurve with your heartful tag! Great job with the Oxides--mine are still in the Frilly and Funkie package! Too much on my plate right now, so I'm saving them for a time when I can really experiment with them. Great inspiration here! My favorite bit is that little LOVE banner! Well done! Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Emerald Creek Dares! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sara! I hope you have the time and peace of mind to play with the oxides soon. The DT is always such a great source of inspiration for me! Xox

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Sara! I hope you have the time and peace of mind to play with the oxides soon. The DT is always such a great source of inspiration for me! Xox

      Delete
  7. Such a gorgeous tag! Thank you for playing along with us at Mixed Media Mojo:)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this tag so much!! Those colors are absolutely stunning and love all the embellies you have added.
    Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!!
    HUGS!
    Ann DT
    http://anncard.blogspot.tw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so much, and yes, I hope to participate again soon :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks ever so much, and yes, I hope to participate again soon :-)

      Delete
  9. Such a very nice Tag. The soft colored background is perfect for the amazing decoration pieces. I like it much.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sabine for your kind words. Hugs from Holland :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Sabine for your kind words. Hugs from Holland :-)

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful and stunning tag! Thanks you so much for playing along with Mixed Media Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria. It was a bit out of my comfort zone, but that is good! Challenges like these make me explore new boundaries creatively.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Maria. It was a bit out of my comfort zone, but that is good! Challenges like these make me explore new boundaries creatively.

      Delete