Monday, May 9, 2016

playing with layered stamps

It is all the rage right now: layered stamping. I only have a few sets at the moment and they take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it they are a lot of fun. 
My favourite at the moment is the (discontinued) Stippled Blossom set by Stampin Up. I also have the Vintage Flowers by Altenew, they take a bit more practice though.

In this post I want to show the fun thing you can do with the stippled blossom stamp. I love to combine it with heat embossing with gold powder.

I made this card for my mom and used this technique. It makes the roses a bit more interesting.

I always use my MISTI when using these type of stamps, it makes it easier to work with them. I stamped the first layer with a red distress ink.

The advantage of stamping with the MISTI is that when the first print isn't crisp, you can stamp it again in the exact same position. 

this is the second layer, the stippled part, of the stamp.
I stamped this with embossing ink and covered it with gold embossing powder.

 Doesn't look like much now hahaha.

Wait for it.....

Tada!!! They always look different. And work with any colour.

That was my little tutorial for today. 

Hopefully until next tine, take care.

Freddie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment