Monday, May 9, 2016

Emerald Creek Embossing powders/enamels.. part one

It is no secret that I have a huge love for embossing powders. Especially the special effect  enamels float my boat. They make crafting so much fun and versatile. Not only can you turn a piece of card I to anything, but also customise embellishments.

My collection of Emerald Creek Crafts is just starting to grow, and I can't wait to get my next batch, as they are unlike anything I have seen on the market. I have the distress powders by Ranger/Tim Holtz, and the Stampendous Frantage powders, but they are not at all like these enamels. I will do a little highlight on those in another post.

I will share here the ones I have got in my stash at the moment, once I get more, I will show you what they look like!

This is the Burnt Copper leaves, one of my favourites!! It is chunky and the pics don't do them justice!!!


Eventhough the enamel is really chunky, you can use them with stamps. It gives a beautiful look. Almost like a gilding flakes effect. 

I dunked my brads in embossing ink and pressed them into the jar...

Here you see the befor and after, I turned a boring grey brad into a vintage one in no time.

This Hammered Metal enamel is out of this world. This will make your faux hardware look like the real deal!! I know I will get through this jar very quickly as I will use it for everything!! 

I used it on a piece of card and stuck that behind this cut out. As you can see it looks like real hammered metal....

I will share more projects I made with these really soon.
I made swatches of my enamels as it is easier to choose the effect and look. Below are more swatches so you get the idea, I haven't used them yet, but I will very soon as my head is full with ideas ;-)

You can't really see it, but this rich blue has tiny glitter in it to make a beautiful sparkle. It really looks like a midnight sky with stars that glisten.

Onyx frost is like the midnight sky a subtle glitter powder. It has the most beautiful sparkle!

Well that is it for this post. I will do the part 2 later this week. So I hope to see you back then.

until next time, take care!

Freddie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment