Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Green Lantern card

Another card waaaay out of my comfort zone. This is why I like certain challenges. On the Emerald Creek Dare blog is a challenge currently to make a superhero themed project. When I read it this popped immediately into my head. We just watched the movie and I knew exactly what I was going to use to make this. St. Paddy embossing powder by Emerald creek craft supplies!

I took a piece if black card stock and drew the Green Lantern logo on it with a paint dabber and sprinkled the St. Paddy embossing powder over it and let it dry. Once dry I heatembossed the powder.

I wanted to create a galaxy background, so I took a brush and brushed perfect medium over parts of the cardstock. I then brushed over that with purple and reddish perfect pearls to create that look you see through telescopes. 

To create the stars I splattered some silver and bronze paint over the card.

I added the sentiment to give it the finishing touch and mounted it all to a silver card blank.

Now to think of someone to send this to! Lol

Thank you for stepping by :-)

Until next time, take care.

Freddie
Xox

10 comments:

  1. Freddie!!! You may think you're "out of your comfort zone", but this turned out WAAAAY too cool for me to let you think that way!!! What a terrific project to showcase your SUPER POWERS!!! Way to go!!! SO creative!!! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much my Wonder Woman!! You are definitely my number one cheerleader! You always say the nicest things. Xoxox

      Delete
    2. Great work again Frederique wish I had your drive and enthusiasm keep up the great work. x <3

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for your kind words Witchaussie. :-) :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! I am so thrilled you embraced the super hero challenge. This is so freaking awesome. I LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is Kim that this card popped in my head as soon as I read about the challenge. And I just had to use the St. Paddy Day embossing powder. Thank you for your praise, it means the world to me !!

      Delete
  3. Like your SuperHero take on the Emerald Creek Dare.The St. Paddy's Day emboss powder is perfect for the Green Lantern symbol! Thanks for joining in the Dare.

    ReplyDelete