Thursday, February 25, 2016

Stamps by Nicole Wright Designs...

The other day I received two stamp sets by Nicolewrightdesigns.com, a set with koi fish and  set with cherry blossoms. I ordered them at emeraldcreek.ca and am in love.

I already had a few ideas in my head from the moment I laid eyes on the stamps... and today I finally had the time to get two of them on paper.

I made a black tag with a koi stamped with embossing ink and heatembossed it with sticky embossing powder. Then covered it with copper coloured gilding flakes. And luckily it turned out exactly how I envisioned it! I heat embossed the waves and sentiment. The edge I rubbed a little with copper gilding wax.
I stained a piece of crinkle ribbon and added the bow.

The card front is water colour card stock and I stamped the cherry blossom with stazon ink. After it dried I covered it with masking liquid and let that dry. Then stamped over it with the other koi fish and also covered it with the liquid mask.

I painted the background with distress ink and a waterbrush. I removed the mask and paibted in the blossoms. I stamped a few on a scrap piece of water colour card stock and cut them out. And stuck them on the branch I stamped and coloured. I coloured in the fish with distress ink and covered it with a wink of stella brush to give it a little shimmer. I stamped the sentiment and inked the edges of the card with walnut stain distress ink and stuck it on a card blank.

I can't wait to get my other ideas on paper!!

Thank you for stepping by and hopefully until next time.

Take care,

Frederique
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment