Welcome to my blog,
Today I want to share how I made a tag for a challenge where I had to use natural fibres.
I inked a shipping tag with distress stains using the wrinklefree distress technique by Tim Holtz. You put some stains on your work surface and swipe the tag through the stains until you have the colour effect you want.
I ripped a piece of linen fabric to size and stained that with frayed burlap distress ink and wrinkled and dried it. I glued it down with my glue gun. I cut pieces of various natural twine and made bows and glued them down using hot glue.
I cut the dried up flowers out of our hydrangeas yesterday and saved some. I dipped them in molten UTEE and then coloured them with alcohol ink and glued them down with hot glue.
To make it speak I stamped the sentiment on the linen with stazon ink.
As a finishing touch I sprinkled some frantage embossing powder on the tag and heated it.
I am quite pleased with the outcome. The hydrangea part was an experiment that I had been putting off for ages, because I thought it would not work. But yaay!!!
Until next time,
Take care and until next time.