Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Borrowed inspiration...

Welcome back dear blogger,

The other day I was going through Tim Holtz' blog worthy links. In that he posts links he likes. Tammy Tutterow is one artist for instance that almost always makes the list. She is awesome... This time another artist caught my attention also. Her blog name is That crazy Chick. She had a wonderful idea and I used it to create a few tags myself. She created the mini tags I used on my bigger ones. I used the idea and gave it my own twist.

Her idea was the following: take a mini tag and colour it using distress inks. Then stamp a background. Take some card stock and stamp random small images on it using archival ink. colour the images with distress ink and distress the images using the splatter technique and distress the edges. Add tissue tape and voila.
So I was stuck with a lot of very pretty tiny tags.... I decided to go a step further and use them as an embellishment on a bigger tag...
I dry embossed the tags using embossing folders and my beloved cuttlebug. Inked them and then added the mini tags and other embellishments and sentiments to complete the look. I hope That Crazy Chick would approve...
Here the rest of the tags I made...
 
 A butterfly inspired one.
 A globetrotting inspired tag
 
Coffee time! 

 

 A United Kingdom inspired one.
Self explanatory hahaha 
The beauty of nature inspired me on this one... 
 Keep calm and stay seated...
I love the chair charm. 
A random one. 
Money makes the world go round... 
 And of course music.
 
I hope you enjoyed them. Some of them already have been sent to people...
 
Until next time...take care.
Frederique
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment