Monday, June 10, 2013

Father's day present

Hello again blogger,

Thank you for tuning in again. As I have a fad at the moment for making mixed media canvasses, I decided to make one for my dad for Father's Day.

I wanted to keep it simple and yet personal. My dad has had a moustache for as long as anyone can remember so that obviously was the theme to go with. Luckily the moustache is the newest craze in the crafting world. I have stamps, die cuts, silicone moulds.......all of moustaches. So this was a no brainer.

I used a pre primed canvas. It was primed with gesso so I did not need to do that. I glued a sheet of paper stash on the canvas and let it dry. After it had dried completely I tore of the edges.
 
 
 
I then stamped various images in very light colours so they would make a nice subtle background.
Moustaches and of course men with a moustache. I added some die cuts I made from clear plastic packaging. I coloured them using alcohol inks.(A new addition to my crafting palette)
 
The embellishments on the top left corner and on the right of the canvas are made using UTEE and the melting pot and some moulds.
 
This little bookplate I stained with alcohol ink to make it look distressed and rusty. The sentiment ticket I inked with distress ink using the blending tool. Two brads hold it in place.
I placed two epoxy stickers on the whole project to break op the bare space. And also I covered some areas with Rock Candy Crackle Paint to give it some sparkle, but not too much.
 
The letters were covered in black UTEE and really pop.
 
It will be a surprise to see if, and if so, where it will hang in my parents home....
 
Take care and until next time...
 
Frederique


No comments:

Post a Comment