In this post I want to show you the first batch of Christmas cards I made this year. A lot of them have the same background. I stamped snowflakes in white with stazon ink and inked over them with distress ink. That way the flakes really pop. But I will highlight the various techniques with each card.
I glued a fragment ( a piece of acrylic in various shapes) on the wrapping paper showing the pensive cherub and let it dry and then cut it out. On the back I put some strong double sided tape and put the pressed angel hair on it. I then trimmed it so it formed kind of a crest. The background is made like I explained earlier and I used the same strong double sided tape to adhere the fragment to the background. I cut out the sentiments from the seasonal paper stash by Tim Holtz and chomped the corners.
Again I used the snowflake background which started out as an experiment but I liked it so much that I used it for most of my cards this season. The tag I stamped with the Santa stamp in jet black Stãzon ink and the pine branches were stamped in green archival ink. I coloured the card with red distress ink using the ink blending tool and the edges with green. I then stamped the sentiment in embossing ink and embossed it with gold ultra fine embossing powder. Some gold coloured paper ribbon through the hole of the tag gives it a festive touch. I added a little silver Christmas tree charm and glued it all to the background and chomped it.
Same background (again....) coloured it with walnut stain distress ink. The tag is a manilla tag I coloured red with distress ink and a blending tool.The big pine tree I die cut from grunge board and painted with crackle paint in green and brown. The tag I stamped with green archival ink using the pine tree stamp from Tim. With a white pen I drew in some fake snow. I sprayed it with perfect pearl to give it some glow and adhered the die cut to the tag. I cut out the sentiment from the seasonal paper stash and put some crackle accents on it to age it. I put it on the tag using 3D foam to give it a bit of dimension. All was glued to the background after I put some ribbon and threads through the hole of the tag.
What a surprise.....the same snowflake background. I Die cut Frosty out of chipboard and painted it white with a paint dabber, the arms brown and the hat black with crackle paint. The white I covered with Rock Candy crackle paint and let it dry. The buttons, nose and eye I made with liquid pearls. I painted part of Frosty with Tumbled Glass distress Stain to give it more of a frosty look. Some of the snowflakes on the background I covered with glossy accents and sprinkled some glittery flakes on it. The sentiments were made with a label maker and that was basically it.
This was made the same as the one with the mini stamps only to this one I added a sentiment ticket I stamped in red and green and the toy soldier has a few liquid pearl accents.
Same procedure as some previous ones. Tag stained with distress stains, stamped in jet black and sentiment embossed with cuttlebug. However I covered the tree with distress stickles to give it some sparkle. The ends of the branches I embellished with adhesive pearls. The star at the top of the tree I coloured with gold stickles for some festive glitter. A dual coloured ribbon and a golden snowflake charm finish this project off.
On the side I stamped the holly using the seasonal stamps from the Dylusional range by Dyan Reavely. I traced it with green and red stickles for some pizazz