Sunday, December 16, 2012

Card for Uncle

Dear blog fans,

I want to share a card with you I made for one of my uncles. It is a simple card but sometimes those are the most appreciated ones.

 I stained white card stock in various beige colours to get a vintage paper look. I roughed up the edges with my paper distresser from Tonic Studios. I stamped the photograph in Sepia Archival ink and covered it with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. The sentiment is stamped in purple Archival ink to make it stand out. The photographer is stamped in Stãzon Jet Black ink. The edge of the card is stained with Walnut Stain distress ink. I added a little tag made with a label maker. The little pin I will explain below.

A while ago I saw a video on YouTube, a woman was making there miniature portraits of mini pins. I thought it was fantastic so I tried it myself. It is not for the impatient or butterfingered........
I cut out a little photograph from Tim Holtz's paper stash and wriggled it in the mini pin. Then sanded of the edges and filled it in with Glossy Accents. That way the picture stays put and it highlights the image as well. I stuck it through the paper and I put a little dollop of liquid pearls so no one will injure themselves on the sharp end of the pin.

It made a nice vintage card.

Until next time....stay tuned.

Frederique



No comments:

Post a Comment